Labels

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Quinoderm for Acne







First off I know I've been a bad blogger *slap on the dodgy fake tan wrist* but I have now finished my alevels and thus can now concentrate more on here (without reciting Macbeth or the Weimar constitution to myself).

All through school I had pretty good skin - of course I got the odd spot but I could go out completely bare faced if I really wanted to. However when I got to about 16 my skin started to really breakout and since then it's only got worse.
I eventually went to the drs back in January and ended up with this acne cream Quinderm on prescription - after the first three treatments were refused by the chemist! One tube lasts about 2-3 weeks and I soon discovered it was hard to get more on repeat so simply started buying it myself from Boots. Now I was told it may take eight weeks but six months later and I've seen no improvement what-so-ever so am going to have to go back and beg them for pills - which I have been asking for since day one.
The cream itself burnt as soon as applied to the skin and this lasted about 3 minutes, but if you put any creams on top the burning returns... and stays. It also caused my skin to become red and irritated before finally peeling. I think it did show early signs of working but increased the amount of blackheads and basically made my scars permeant.
Quinoderm must work for some people for it to be so widely used but it is probably the worst beauty product I have ever used and seriously regret beginning the treatment as my skin now relies on it, whist it is slowly ruining it.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh this sounds amazing! I am going to give this a try, as I still have bad skin at 25 :( xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete